ANNOUNCEMENT! Active posting at this site has ended (no more picture room). Please continue reading Smith Stories at http://smithstories2nblog.blogspot.com/. You'll be automatically redirected to the new site in "
15
"seconds unless you CLICK HERE!

Monday, March 3, 2008

Double Digits


I am entering my tenth week! Yay! We just found out that Sam is about the size of a kumquat (how many of you had ever seen that written before?)! What a fun reference! I also found out that the reason I referred to Sam as a "she" last week (as so many people pointed out) because the website we are checking weekly switches between using the pronouns "he" and "she" week to week. Week 9 referred to a "she" and this week it refers to a "he." Our baby can now bend it's limbs, has some peach fuzz hair, and is growing fingernails. Sam has also almost successfully completed the embryonic period and is entering the fetal period. Next doctor's appointment on Wednesday and she said she might do another ultrasound! It would be fun to have the most up to date pictures to take with me for Spring Break :)


P.S. This might be too much information, but my uterus has gone from the size of a small pear to the size of a large grapefruit. Yikes!

8 comments:

mom said...

I love the food references & find it interesting that these items were never part of your food chain until your connection with "Sam" -- it's wonderful being able to share in all of your changes even though you're no longer in our neighborhood! xo mom

Josh said...

Yeah...that's too much information. Of course, I might be the only person who reads this that doesn't have a uterus...so what the hell do I know?

Jeannie said...

I LOVE this. So glad we can follow along as things change and grow! Now I know what a kumquat is. :-)

Luv ya,
JSH

Unknown said...

Jeanne # 2 says: Yay! Preggo Daner! Don't worry I don't think that your uterus comment was too much information. It's good knowledge for us with the normal sized uteri (is that a word?) I think you'll eventually name this kid Sam Smith! How about D'Brickashaw? (Josh, you know that guy)

Unknown said...

PS - Marco made me post this: "Yooo Pete... Pete Gillen" I'm sorry Daner. I'm assuming that was for Mr. Smith.

Josh said...

If Josh gets his way the kid will be named E-L-Ton. Not Elton....said like I spelled it.

E-L-Ton D'Brickashaw Gillen Smith

Guess I gotta turn catholic now to get that many names....

mom said...

Okay, how many Jeannie/Jeanne entries will I have to decifer? Is one a squeeter? xo mom

Unknown said...

Yes!!!!! Jeanne with no "i" is Skeeter! Hi Skeets! You're going to be Grandma Skeets soon!