ANNOUNCEMENT! Active posting at this site has ended (no more picture room). Please continue reading Smith Stories at http://smithstories2nblog.blogspot.com/. You'll be automatically redirected to the new site in "
15
"seconds unless you CLICK HERE!

Monday, April 7, 2008

Getting Comfy in the Second Trimester


Luckily, I've felt great so far! The books all say that every pregnant woman likes the second trimester the best, so so far things are looking good! Last week was full of doctor's appointments.
On Wednesday I kicked things off with an appointment with the cardiologist to do an echo on my heart. Not to sound conceited, but I have had this heart problem my whole life, and have a pretty good grasp on how it has affected me. I also have listened carefully to the doctors concerning my future and pregnancy. I had some of THE best doctors in Chicago. While I was having my echo, the tech kept asking me questions that sounded like she was second-guessing the way my care has been handled the whole time. Now, I have no idea if I am blowing things out of proportion because that's what my horomones cause me to do these days, or if she really was a bit unpleasant. The actual echo went fine and the report from the doc was also good. He referred me to a pediatric cardiologist in the area who will be able to do an echo on Sam when I am past 18 weeks. Sounds good! Although, our OB told us that the fetal echo isn't as cool as I thought it sounded...


Thursday was our most recent check-up with our OB and we got to hear Sam's heartbeat for the first time! It was so cool! It was really strong, which is great! We had a decent list of questions, which she answered, and I had to give a bit more blood over for the next round of tests. We go back May 1st and at that appointment we will receive a referral for the 20 week ultrasound that will hopefully tell us if Sam is a he or a she!!!

Friday I went to the dentist (kinda baby related) and was thrilled to LOVE my new dentist! I have had really bad luck with dentists ever since I grew up and got married. I was quite pleased with the experience the other day!

The picture above was taken at 14 weeks! Only three pounds gained so far!

No comments: