ANNOUNCEMENT! Active posting at this site has ended (no more picture room). Please continue reading Smith Stories at http://smithstories2nblog.blogspot.com/. You'll be automatically redirected to the new site in "
15
"seconds unless you CLICK HERE!

Monday, April 14, 2008

Going Back to the Idea of a Margarita...


This week Sam will grow to be about the size of an avocado! From what I remember, guacamole goes quite well with margaritas which seemed like such a good idea when Sam was the size of a wee lime... Anyways, the thing that continues to amaze me (yes, I know it seems like everything amazes me!) is that each week addresses the positioning of Sam's ears. I guess I just assumed they grew in where they were supposed to sit for the rest of Sam's life. Apparently not. This week Sam's ears will get much closer to their final resting spot. Interesting... Ears just seem like something that don't move...
In other news, we have had the most ridiculous two weeks EVER and I feel bad for Sam for being trapped in my uterus while I cry and try to not be stressed. If you have met me, you know that I stress quite easily and I think me trying not to stress out probably makes me more stressed. The short story is that our old house in Crystal Lake had a major sump pump problem and we had to rip out all of our downstairs carpeting and dry out the walls and floor. We are in the final phase of laying new carpeting. At least that will be a new selling point to add to our listing! Keep your ears open for anyone needing a fabulous house in CL!!! We are still loving our house here and are starting to get it ready for Sam's arrival. I have more time for that these days because I have had a change in work. The situation at the school I was working at didn't work out. Looooong story, e-mail me if you want details. Luckily that opened me up to nanny for two adorable little girls for six weeks! Perfect timing! I start that in two weeks and then will still have a week before my summer nanny job starts! So far, everything is happening for a reason. We'll just assume that there is a grand plan we have yet to know about... :)

2 comments:

mom said...

I love how you say "keep your ears open" after you tell the Sam's ears story -- pretty clever now that you're with child! xxoo

Unknown said...

Yay! That's great news, Daner! It will all work out!! Did you read the Nanny Diaries? If not, don't. Just kidding. I'm sure these kids aren't spoiled richies living on the Upper East Side of Springfield :-)