ANNOUNCEMENT! Active posting at this site has ended (no more picture room). Please continue reading Smith Stories at http://smithstories2nblog.blogspot.com/. You'll be automatically redirected to the new site in "
15
"seconds unless you CLICK HERE!

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Bathroom Yoga: It WILL Happen to You!

I think this sounds like an excellent title for a book, don't you think? The title comes from two things. First, once I landed in Chicago, it seems my body moved into the next phase of pregnancy. A whole new round of things started happening and the biggest one was I could feel my hips spreading. I felt really dumb in restaurants just standing up periodically, but it hurt to sit for a long time! After my last shower (where I'd been sitting for a while) we went to visit my grandma who is recovering from knee replacement surgery and sat and talked with her for a while. My hips were killing me so on a trip to the bathroom I decided to try out some of the yoga stretches I know feel so good... while I was still in the bathroom. It did help! But, I also felt ridiculous! From then on, all the things I thought were made up, have started happening to me. It started with the hips and has moved on to not being able to lean over all the way when sitting down, not being able to tie my shoes, and having trouble rolling over in bed. I'm sure there's more to come and now I believe that anything can happen to your body while you are pregnant!

No comments: