ANNOUNCEMENT! Active posting at this site has ended (no more picture room). Please continue reading Smith Stories at http://smithstories2nblog.blogspot.com/. You'll be automatically redirected to the new site in "
15
"seconds unless you CLICK HERE!

Friday, August 29, 2008

Honeydew List?


Josh guessed correctly yet again this week! Sam will be the size of a honeydew melon by the end of this week 35. So, he will weigh about 5.25 pounds and measure more than 18 inches long! For some reason, it is now sinking in how much Sam is growing! Perhaps it's because my stomach feels like it might explode at any moment... He is moving ALL the time! Sometimes it just feels like he's rolling over and over and over, other times he's poking and jabbing. We definitely felt a knee or an elbow the other night--something that bends! I found the following sentence particularly funny: "Your uterus--which was entirely tucked away inside your pelvis when you conceived--now reaches up under your rib cage." HA HA HA What a funny image! We also read that there is now more baby than amniotic fluid, so that explains why I'm feeling so much more Sam!

I had to go and open my mouth the other day about how low Sam was still sitting and how comfortable I still was. I know that what I'm feeling is nothing compared to how some other women feel when pregnant, but I definitely saw an increase in my uncomfortability. (is that a word? it should be!) Thus, my posting at 6am! To me, it feels like Sam is stretching out as much as possible and taking up all the room he'd like. I also am having a super hard time sleeping. That is really sad--I like sleep!

We went to the doctor on Wednesday and he said everything still looks good. Sam's heartbeat is going strong and I'm measuring on track. I asked how big he thinks Sam is and he said that he should be an average sized baby between 7.5-8 pounds. That's all well and fine, but I didn't feel like he really answered according to the actual baby inside ME... I just have a feeling that Sam is actually slightly smaller than the average quotes. I didn't have a feeling about boy or girl and I don't have a feeling about how much longer he will cook, but I do have a feeling about his size. We shall see...

Oh yeah...I am getting better at asking for help seeing as I can't bend over to tie my shoes or pick things up off the floor...Unfortunately for Josh, this means more silly little things I ask him to do when he finally gets home from work--he's a trooper!

1 comment:

mom said...

I'm glad to see the pretty honeydew instead of the very odd looking cantalope. It was great having you (all of you) for a visit & you look great. I get to visit you in a week & a half -- Josh & Pax better watch out! xo mom