ANNOUNCEMENT! Active posting at this site has ended (no more picture room). Please continue reading Smith Stories at http://smithstories2nblog.blogspot.com/. You'll be automatically redirected to the new site in "
15
"seconds unless you CLICK HERE!

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Two Week Update


We have had lots of check-ups this past week and every one of them gave us a great report! We took Jackson to the cardiologist on Tuesday to have a check-up. Since I have a mild heart issue, the pediatric cardiologist we saw while I was pregnant wanted to double check Jackson once he was born. She was really pleased with what she saw and told us to have a nice life! It's a shame because we really like her, but we are definitely grateful we don't need her anymore!


Thursday Jackson saw the pediatrician for his two-week check-up and he did awesome! He has been such a champ for all doctors checking him out. He is almost back up to his birth weight (thank goodness it shows since he's eating ALL the time). He was born at 8lbs 4oz and when we left he was over a pound lighter. He weighed in just over 8lbs on Thursday morning! He did lose a little more than usual in the hospital so the doctor wants us to come back next week just to make sure he's still on the right track. Other than that, he looks great!


I also had my two-week check-up and the doctor was really pleased with how well my incision is healing. I was just glad I didn't have to admit that I haven't stuck to ALL the rules they sent me home with...I haven't cheated on driving, but I am making more trips up and down stairs than they recommended. I feel great though! I wouldn't do it if I hurt!

No comments: