ANNOUNCEMENT! Active posting at this site has ended (no more picture room). Please continue reading Smith Stories at http://smithstories2nblog.blogspot.com/. You'll be automatically redirected to the new site in "
15
"seconds unless you CLICK HERE!

Thursday, August 13, 2009

A Lovey? Finally...?


I have been trying SO hard to get Jackson attached to a stuffed animal or a blanket. He has this super cute elephant blankie thing that is the perfect size AND I know where to get more so we could have back-ups (that is key!). While he seems to like the couple of things in his crib, he could take them or leave them. I tried a soft blanket. I tried bringing things onto my lap when I cuddle him and feed him. I tried making the elephant smell like me. Nothing appears to be working. Until the other day. Jackson has always been fond of his paci (he plays just fine during the day without it, but really likes it to sleep), and now he likes to have TWO pacis in bed with him. He has one in his mouth and then he holds onto the other one and cuddles it all night long. In the morning he'll often wake up and stand at the end of his crib with one in his mouth and bang the other one on his crib. It's like the chain gang...I mean crib gang... So, it doesn't really help with the very distant goal of getting rid of pacis all together, but if that's what makes him feel comfortable and safe right now, he is more than welcome to two pacis :)

No comments: