ANNOUNCEMENT! Active posting at this site has ended (no more picture room). Please continue reading Smith Stories at http://smithstories2nblog.blogspot.com/. You'll be automatically redirected to the new site in "
15
"seconds unless you CLICK HERE!

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Running Partner

So, my lovely husband, whom I love dearly, decided it would be a good idea for us to start running. I stupidly followed along. What was I thinking? Actually, I'm quite enjoying myself! Imagine that! I definitely would have considered myself a runner for a while in college, but have had no interest since then and figured my running days were over. I am that person that sits on the beach, comfy with my book, thinking, "Running is for suckers," whenever runners go by. Huh.

The first night I went out, it was great! I remember telling my dad that it was so nice to truly go out by myself. No dog. No baby. No stuff. Since we are responsible parents, we have to take turns running so one person is always home while Jackson sleeps. Josh has been working late recently and I want to stick to my schedule so I thought I'd try taking Jackson with me. I am kicking myself now because we had been handed down a FREE jogging stroller when I was pregnant. Before Jackson was born, we were freaking out over lack of space and all of the stuff this kid required. Since the brakes didn't work on the stroller, out to the curb it went. Can I rewind and get it back?! The regular stroller works ok, but a jogging stroller would be so nice!

Anyways, I've now run twice with J-Man and it's kind of fun. It's definitely a lot harder since you lose your arm momentum, but tonight was a notch less hard. Describing tonight's run as a notch easier, seems too generous... ;) It has been nice to share something I "like" to do with Jackson. Nice to add one more thing to the list of Mommy and Jackson Activities :)


No comments: