ANNOUNCEMENT! Active posting at this site has ended (no more picture room). Please continue reading Smith Stories at http://smithstories2nblog.blogspot.com/. You'll be automatically redirected to the new site in "
15
"seconds unless you CLICK HERE!

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Eating Challenges: A Lifetime Endeavor

Am I ever going to be able to calm down about Jackson's eating??? In the very beginning we had to count diapers to make sure he was eating enough and staying hydrated. Then I worried about the length of his nursing sessions, the size of his bottles, and when to start solid foods. Once we got that figured out, I felt the pressure to start finger foods. That has led to all new anxiety! Jackson ate anything and everything we offered him...out of a tub. He LOVES fruits he can pick up and for Josh or me to feed him yogurt. He's not such a big fan of cheese or veggies. We used to be able to get him to eat the veggies if we fed them to him on a fork, but now he just looks at them on his tray, closes his mouth, and shakes his head. *Sigh* I'm trying to tell myself that this is just a phase, but the thing is, I wasn't ready for this phase to start so early! Yikes! I know little kids will eat anything they can dip...is 11 months too young for dip? :)

No comments: