ANNOUNCEMENT! Active posting at this site has ended (no more picture room). Please continue reading Smith Stories at http://smithstories2nblog.blogspot.com/. You'll be automatically redirected to the new site in "
15
"seconds unless you CLICK HERE!

Monday, September 28, 2009

Weekend Fun

We had quite a lazy weekend, but a fun one! We were hoping to go to the pumpkin patch, but it poured all day Saturday, and was awfully squishy on Sunday! We will try again when we get back from our upcoming trip to Evanston :) We spent Saturday in our pjs and Jackson did lots of standing by himself and walking with a little help!!! He has always loved standing, but was too busy to try walking by holding hands. We thought to try again and he just started cruising around holding one of my hands! Such talent! LOL

Sunday night he was a HUGE eater at dinner! I had great success sneaking finely chopped "real" veggies and chicken into his oatmeal/veggie combo. The peas in the mixed veggie bag don't chop well, so I put a few on his tray and he gobbled them right up! I added some green beans, carrots, and sweet potato and he ate them all! He actually ate enough finger veggies that I would have been satisfied with that as his portion for dinner. He kept eating, however! He polished off a big jar of mixed veggies and beef, a tub and a half of applesauce, a bunch of grapes, and some puffs and banana cookies! Sheesh! Tonight wasn't as big of a success with the finger foods, but last night made for such a happy mommy! I was starting to think he'd be having oatmeal and pureed foods forever!

After his fabulous dinner, Jackson sat on my lap and played and gave me bunches of kisses! Such a sweet boy! I am ecstatic that he is starting to sit still for stories again. He really seems to enjoy them. I've made a more conscientious effort to read him a story before naps too. It seems to calm him down and set the scene even more for sleep!



No comments: