ANNOUNCEMENT! Active posting at this site has ended (no more picture room). Please continue reading Smith Stories at http://smithstories2nblog.blogspot.com/. You'll be automatically redirected to the new site in "
15
"seconds unless you CLICK HERE!

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Tiny-Thing Catch All


Anyone who really knows me would say I was nesting in preparation for my first child YEARS before I even met my husband, let alone got pregnant! HA! I LOVED being pregnant! I loved how I felt, the feeling of growing a baby inside me, and all of the activities that went with being pregnant: registering, decorating the nursery, eating, and getting everything just right for Jackson's homecoming. I remember doing huge loads of laundry and labeling each piece of clothing with our name and a symbol to correspond to the particular size. I had some clothes neatly hanging in the closet while others were folded and organized in the dresser. All of the tiny diapers were stacked in a basket by the changing table. All of the other things we needed to use to keep Jackson clean and healthy were also organized nearby. There were tons of blankets washed, folded, and ready to go. And, of course, the nursery would not be complete without a bookshelf full of books :) The only thing I had no idea what to do with were all of the teeny tiny socks we had received as gifts! I ended up buying an over-the-door hanging shoe organizer. There are TONS of pockets, just perfectly sized to hold little socks! This has worked SO well! It is also good for shoes, small toys, extras of pretty much anything, and not-baby-appropriate items. Also, as Jackson gets older, this organizer will grow with him: he can use the pockets to hold action figures, small trucks, or other fun fun treasures :)

For more Things I Love Thursday, check out The Diaper Diaries!