ANNOUNCEMENT! Active posting at this site has ended (no more picture room). Please continue reading Smith Stories at http://smithstories2nblog.blogspot.com/. You'll be automatically redirected to the new site in "
15
"seconds unless you CLICK HERE!

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Jackson's First Scholastic Book Order!

Add Scholastic Book Orders to the list of things I get super excited about!!! Ever since I can remember, I couldn't WAIT to get home and pour over the flyers and pick out some new, CHEAP books!!! As a teacher, the book orders were even more exciting because my classroom earned free books as more orders were placed! This is an ideal project for someone like me: I LOVE to read and books. Plus, I got to organize sending the order sheets home, ordering the books chosen by various families, and then sort and hand out the books once they came in. HEAVEN! Anyways, now that I'm not teaching, I am borrowing the book order flyers from Jackson's good friend, Rachel! She started a two-year old pre-school this fall, and they send home book orders!!! I must admit I sort of stole them off of Rachel's mommy's coffee table... I was just SO excited to see them! Susie was more than happy for me to take the flyers home and put together an order :) The first batch of books came in last week. I have read a few to Jackson already, and he seems to really like them! I know one day he'll be old enough to choose his own books, but I am loving picking out some good ones for him now!

Jackson is now the proud owner of:

We're Going on a Lion Hunt by Margery Cuyler (One of his favorite books is We're Going on a Bear Hunt, so I thought this would be a nice companion!)

Cock-a-Doodle Hooooo! by Mick Manning (This one and Mrs. Wishy-Washy will play to Jackson's love for animal sounds lately! He really gets into them...)

The Goodnight Train by June Sobel
Down by the Station by Jennifer Riggs Vetter (These two are obviously transportation related. No other explanation needed!)

I Like Pumpkins by Jerry Smath (I'm trying to grow Jackson's seasonal library, so this seemed like a good Fall/Halloween addition!)

Dinosaurs Love Underpants by Claire Freedman and Ben Cort (Who could pass up a book about dinosaurs wearing underpants???)



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so want to order Scholastic books for the girls, but I have a hard time ever buying them books. We live right next to the library (literally, only thing between us and it is an apartment bldg), so we always check out books. But I wonder if I'll wish I bought them more as they get older.

mom said...

Mrs. Hill would be so proud! xo mimi

Anne said...

I, too loved scholastic orders as a teacher, and can't wait to get my hands on some for my little guy!
Thanks for linking up at Feed Me Books Friday (and for including the button)! Hope you'll return this week!