ANNOUNCEMENT! Active posting at this site has ended (no more picture room). Please continue reading Smith Stories at http://smithstories2nblog.blogspot.com/. You'll be automatically redirected to the new site in "
15
"seconds unless you CLICK HERE!

Monday, October 3, 2011

Menu Plan Monday

We were on vacation most of last week, so this is the previous week's menu (we were lucky enough to have friends make us dinner and have us over when we got back, so there really was no cooking for me last week!).  I also threw in the two pumpkin recipes I made yesterday :)


Monday: Pizza and fries
Tuesday: Chicken Parm Subs with salad
Wednesday: Leftovers
Thursday: Tacos and rice
Friday: Burgers, hotdogs, salad, chips, and grilled peaches with ice cream for dessert
Saturday: dinner out at BGR
Sunday: First day of Virginia Beach vacation!!!



Extras:
We made Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins toward the end of the week to take on our trip :)  Recipe coming later...


I also forgot to post that I made Fruit Salsa when Mom was here, and I cheated a little and used applesauce instead of whole apples.  It turned out really well, and was super fast to make!  I think my next move might be to try substituting some faux sweeteners...


Pumpkin Snickerdoodles--delicious!  They weren't as pumpkin-y as I had hoped they would be, but they were a good, lighter cookie.  RecipeGirl said she left out cream of tartar which is in most snickerdoodle recipes, but she WOULD add it next time.  So, I looked up a few standard snickerdoodle recipes and went ahead and added 2 teaspoons of cream of tartar to my batch--seemed to work fine!


Pumpkin Dip--YUMMY!  Believe it or not, I've never had pumpkin dip!  I made it to take to book club last night and everyone seemed to like it :)  I brought bananas, strawberries, nilla wafers, and pretzels as dippers.  But, the possibilities are endless!


For more yummy recipes ideas, head over to Menu Plan Monday at Org Junkie!

No comments: