ANNOUNCEMENT! Active posting at this site has ended (no more picture room). Please continue reading Smith Stories at http://smithstories2nblog.blogspot.com/. You'll be automatically redirected to the new site in "
15
"seconds unless you CLICK HERE!

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Pumpkin Recipes

I LOVE pumpkin!!!  I decided I wanted to try a different pumpkin recipe each week for this fall season :)  Here is a list of my top runners, in no particular order:


1. Pumpkin Cheddar Biscuits
2. Double Pumpkin Kissed Chocolate Chunk Cookies
3. Pumpkin Cinnamon Chip Scones
4. Pumpkin Cheesecake Cobbler
5. Faux Pumpkin Shake
6. Pumpkin Dip
7. Mini Pumpkin Tiramisu
8. Chocolate and Pumpkin Pie Bars
9. Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookies
10. Pumpkin Whoopie Pies

As a bonus, here is my FAVORITE recipe for pumpkin (it is quite possible the BEST pumpkin bread/muffin recipe EVER!)


3 1/2 c flour
2c dark brown sugar
2c pumpkin puree
1/2c vegetable oil (I always sub applesauce for this in addition to the applesauce it already calls for)
1/2c applesauce
2/3c coconut milk (Thai Kitchen is my favorite kind so far)
2t baking soda
1t salt
1t nutmeg
1 1/2t cinnamon
1c chopped walnuts (optional)
1 bag of chocolate chips (optional)


Mix all of the ingredients together except for the nuts and chocolate chips.  Fold those in last.  


For bread, bake at 350 for 1h 15m.  
For muffins, bake at 350 for 20m.


Linked up to Top Ten Tuesday at Oh Amanda!

2 comments:

Sarah @ Loved Like the Church said...

Oh yum! I LOVE pumpkin. LOVE. Thanks for sharing!

Caroline said...

I love pumpkin too! And pumpkin chocolate chip muffins are my FAVORITE! I use applesauce and oil too. Thanks for sharing!