ANNOUNCEMENT! Active posting at this site has ended (no more picture room). Please continue reading Smith Stories at http://smithstories2nblog.blogspot.com/. You'll be automatically redirected to the new site in "
15
"seconds unless you CLICK HERE!

Monday, April 23, 2012

The Belly Report: Six More Weeks!!!

If there is such a thing as being PAST nesting, I am there :)  The house is cleaner between "big cleanings" than usual, all of the newborn-six month clothes are washed, both cars have been cleaned out (except the Xterra needs it again since Josh hauled mulch in it this weekend), car seats have been washed, all of our bags are packed, I'm doing laundry like a crazy person, and we have back-up care lined for Jackson in case Sammy comes earlier than my mom gets here.  Next on the list: installing the infant seat bases in both cars, organizing more baby clothes, and setting up baskets of things I want to have close to me once we are home and I'm recovering from my C-section.

We had a great check-up last Monday!  Dr. Hibshman said everything looked/sounded great, and she really had nothing to talk about--LOL!  Sammy's heart rate was much lower than usual (120s instead of the usual 140s/150s), but she wasn't concerned at all.  She said at any time a baby's heart rate can very significantly.  I'm not worried if she isn't!  Plus, he continues to move around ALL the time!  I finally felt a movement or two on my left side last week, but he still is mostly on the right.  I am feeling really good--sleeping well and still have a decent amount of energy.

Last week, when we were 32 weeks along, Sammy was about the size of a large jicama (about 3.75 pounds and 16.5 inches long).  He has toenails, fingernails, and "real" peach-fuzz hair!  We are now 33 weeks along, and Sammy is about the size of a pineapple (over 4 pounds and over 17 inches in length)!  Sammy's skeleton is hardening and he doesn't look so wrinkly anymore.

Flashbacks: Hiccuping Jicama
I Live in a Pineapple Under the Sea...
...Strollin' Along, Singin' a Song, Side by Side...
A True Look at Dana's OCD

No comments: